Special Offer for 2015
The Fair Exchange Camera Club in conjunction with Michael Dean Photography is offering new and existing members the opportunity to improve their photography skills in 2015.
We will be running a beginners/improvers Photography course starting in January and running through to the end of June. The course will run every Wednesday Evening from 7-9pm at the Two Pointers pub, Woodlesford, for 21 weeks, plus 3 Saturday or Sunday field trips. That adds up to 54 hours of tutor led training with a qualified teacher and photographer.
The Camera Club normally runs on the second Wednesday of every month and membership is currently £10 per year plus £1 per club night. The club will continue to run as normal during the course and will be an integral part of the learning for those taking part.
The cost for the course is at a special discounted rate for existing or new members of £230 this will include one year’s membership of the Fair Exchange Camera Club and club night fees for the duration of the course.
So if you’ve got a new camera for Christmas, you’ve had one for a while but don’t know how to use it or you just want to improve your photography, then come and join us for this special course and gain the skills and confidence to take photographs you’ll be proud of.
The course will be restricted to 12 attendees on a first come basis.
For more information, payment options and to book your place on the course please contact:
Pauline Hope at the Fair Exchange Camera Club
Phone: 07780 601917
Michael Dean Photography
Phone: 0113 2526096
Mobile: 07831 238398
What will I learn?
The course is both classroom and location based where you will learn how to operate your DSLR camera as well as gain an understanding of the fundamentals of photography, all learning is supported by practical exercises. The following topics will be covered:
· About your camera controls, menus and settings
· Different camera controls – aperture priority, shutter priority and manual
· Basic camera techniques – using different shutter speeds, aperture, ISO settings to correctly expose your images
· The use of different lenses and other accessories
· Composition and visual language
· Auto and manual focus and use of focus points
· White balance
· Metering modes
· File formats /Image quality
· On camera flash
· Introduction to post processing your images
During the course you will also learn about and practice taking photographs in different photographic genre such as low light, landscape, still life, black & white, portraiture and close-up/macro. As well as the weekly sessions there will also be three field trips to different locations, these will normally be on a Saturday or Sunday.
The course is structured to be enjoyable and informative, it is very hands on and there will be tasks and projects to complete throughout the course to help you understand and master the techniques you have learnt.
You will be provided with course handouts and will put together a portfolio of your own photographic work as a record of what you have achieved throughout the course.
Additional Costs and Requirements
· You must have use of a Digital SLR Camera, Bridge Camera or Compact System Camera or Compact camera with full manual controls.
· A tripod will be needed for some of the classes
· You will be expected to print your own photographs for your portfolio
· You will need to make your own way to the field trips